Thursday, January 10, 2008

Little Boy Blue

It's a wonder this little boy's sock every was finished. And alas, T has two feet, so to avoid the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome, I've begun ribbing a second.

Notice the handicraft, the freeform design, incorporating a never-before-attempted seed stitch!
One would imagine witnesses would fall upon the floor in disbelief that such perfection was achieved in a house with a pair of cunning rugrats.
But darned if those kids don't foil my every attempt to knit a few more rows.
T has taken to grabbing my tiny project and running around the house, trailing a rapidly unraveling ball behind him - when he wants my attention.
B has a more studied approach when he's piqued. He'll commandeer my craft bag, threatening to dispose of it in some barbaric fashion unless I say "yes" to whatever I've disallowed.
All of which makes me more determined than ever to soldier on.


No comments: