Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh 'Mamma Mia' are you a 'Dancing Queen'?

It's not very often that a woman wishes she were 8-years-older, but when I ran across this my first thought was - that would be a lot of fun.

Sadly my age (and likely the inability to find two other friends willing to humiliate themselves along side me) prevent me from entering. But I hope some of you join in the fun.

For those who didn't click on the link - Pond's is sponsoring a contest timed with the release of the film Mamma Mia. They are searching for "The trio of women who best embody the sassiness, sexiness and confidence of Donna & the Dynamos from the movie, MAMMA MIA!"

You and two friends have to be over 40 and either go to New York City to audition live, or submit a video through the Pond's Web site , singing either "Mamma Mia" or "Dancing Queen" - two great songs by ABBA.

Come on you know you want to enter! And if anyone does, send me the video as well and I'll try to get it to publish on the blog so that even if you don't make the top five you can still get your 15 minutes of fame.

For all the information you need about the contest go here: http://www.ponds.com/dynamos.aspx

No comments: