Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Daycare blues

OK so I know I'm lucky in that I haven't had to send James to daycare until now -- he just turned 7-months-old.

And I know I'm lucky that, because of the flexibility of our schedules, James only needs to go to daycare two afternoons a week. I know I'm lucky because I have a wonderful daycare facility for him to go to -- the same one Nikki has attended since just before her first birthday.

But today is his first day. My husband will be dropping him off this afternoon when he heads to work.

I packed everything up for him last night. I know he will be in good hands and with teachers who have be anxiously awaiting his start.

But I just want to sit and cry.

And to all of my bosses -- thank you for making it possible for me to keep him out of daycare this long.

No comments: