Monday, January 12, 2009

Lap of luxury

I found out about a brand new knitting book last week, "Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders," ($18.95, Storey Publishing, www.storey.com) edited by Judith Durant. I flipped through the pictures and couldn't believe my eyes - as if Durant could top "One-Skein Wonders" and "101 Designer One-Skein Wonders," but she certainly has.
Cashmere, alpaca, silk, soy, linen, bamboo, corn, mohair, qiviut (Musk Ox yarn) ... all these lovely little hats, scarves, necklaces, baby sweaters, shawls, gloves, socks are luscious. I can't wait to begin a project with the alpaca yarn I already own.

I have about 1/3 remaining on my sock project and every day I furiously knit as fast as I can to complete it.
Meantime, I carry around this new book in my bag and sneak a look every time I have a free moment.
See www.oneskeinwonders.com for information

1 comment:

CRAFTS FROM THE HEART said...

Hi
Just found your blog and think it is great!
Linda
Madison, ct