Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ode to a simple cap


I started a little project a week ago - a type of palate cleanser - after spending far too many months knitting my crimson sweater.
My 11-year-old needed a hat for the winter - which swirled in so fantastically with one big Nor'easter, a follow-up day of snow and sleet, and now we're anticipating another storm tomorrow during the day.
Hello, Winter.
The snow is solid now; and icicles dangle from housetops, growing longer and more like sicles daily as the melted snow drips along the length, then freezes.
This little cap was knit with two colors of Farmhouse Yarns Fat Sheep on a size 10 1/2 double-pointed needles.
I love the neatly increasing rows, how the cap sits tight along the head.
My son wears it indoors only, to keep him warm against winter's drafts. He says he doesn't like it otherwise.
Oh, but I do.

No comments: