Wednesday, June 4, 2008

And so I'm a slacker

You know it has to be bad when one friends calls and asks if you are OK because you haven't updated your part of the blog in recent memory. Or when your husband tells you that you really need to update your blog.

Forgive me, I fell down on the job here for a bit.

Truth is James started walking about 6 weeks ago (these days it's more like running) and I've been exhausted ever since. Thankfully we never took down the gates in the living room so they are sort of penned in (I say sort of because Nikki can pull one of the gates open).

But I find myself doing more refereeing than I thought would be neccesary with children four years apart in age. At least three times a day I hear myself say "Nicola, that is James' toy and he's allowed to play with it. Please give it back." I'm not sure why I bother as she never seems to give it back until either my husband or I make her.

Although Nikki might want to start being a bit more careful about "roughing up" her brother. He weighs a wee bit more than half of what she does so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he might be equal in size in another couple of years and well you know what they say about payback.

No comments: