Friday, February 27, 2009

All things sheepish

Motherhouse in Cornwall is offering a number of "back-to-the-earth" workshops - called "traditional arts" - the next of which is on wool gathering. Demonstrations will be offered on carding, spinning, knitting, weaving, crocheting, and felting with natural wool.
There is also a Sourdough Starter Course April 11, Organic Gardening May 9 and many others.

Save for visiting Sturbridge Village in Massachusetts, I've never seen carding done. I do remember going many years ago, when my first child was very small, and being utterly drawn to the process, even pinching a little piece of carded wool to take home.
It's ironic I'm allergic to wool. Maybe I was a shepherd in a past life.
For information, e-mail debra@motherhouse.us, see www.motherhouse.us or call Debra Tyler at (860) 672-0229.
The posting caught my eye in the Edible Nutmeg winter 2009 issue (www.ediblenutmeg.com).

No comments: